East Cobb Prep is committed to provide each family with the highest quality care, safety, and learning experiences from the very start. To strive to be the best is no small endeavor. It takes the right combination of a variety of factors to accomplish this lofty goal. What makes us believe we can stand behind our pledge?
Experienced, On-Site Owners
- Not only do the owners have extensive experience running a NAEYC accredited preschool, they are on-site to ensure quality standards. They are also parents themselves, so they appreciate the unique challenges working parents face, as well as understand the importance of the type of care children receive day in and day out.
- Safety has been our number 1 priority since the start of building our facility. Our building features coded entry systems, computerized check-in, video and internet monitoring, fully monitored alarm systems, 4 spectacular age-appropriate playgrounds, and amenities that were specifically designed to be just the right size for each age group.
- Spacious, clean classrooms that are well-equipped with fun toys and learning materials to provide the utmost of child-friendly environments.
- Computer Area where children can choose to test their reading skills with Reader Rabbit, explore math concepts with Millie’s Math House, or create a masterpiece with Kid Pix to just name a few.
- Wonderful “Sprayground” where the children can play and cool off on a hot summer day
- Indoor Playground
Programs of Excellence
- Our director, who earned her Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and has over 20 years experience in teaching and Directing, carefully hand-selected each professionally developed curriculum to best serve the developing needs and interests of each child.
- Our “I Can Make a Difference” program cultivates character development and social awareness.
- Enrichment opportunities such as dance, sports, and karate are offered. Many of the enrichment programs are taught in our centralized Activity Area.
- Studies have proven the importance of early quality care and its effects on a child’s health, development, and education. Being a Quality Rated school means that independent, credentialed experts have assessed that our program exceeds state requirements, and follows best practices in order to provide high quality care. Additionally, we follow NAEYC standards, knowing that NAEYC’s primary goal is to act on behalf of the needs and interest of young children.
Warm, Loving, Remarkable Teachers
- We believe that all of the aforementioned items would not make one bit of difference without the genuine, loving, well-qualified teachers who interact with the children on a daily basis. It is these interactions that determine the kind of day and experience each child has. Our aim is to hire and retain teachers that have a true desire to teach and nurture children.
- Finally, we understand that a pleasant and supportive work environment is beneficial for everyone, and that’s just what we strive to provide. Working as closely with children as we have over the past many years, we have realized that adults are really not that different from children. As you may hear us quote Theodore Seuss Geisell from time to time, it was he who said, “Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained and delighted.” We couldn’t agree more!